- Raspy-voiced British soul singer Joe Cocker dies at 70
- AG, Gildarie conversation provides no evidential basis for criminal proceedings – DPP
- Corbin pays tribute to Hoyte, cites his call for new form of gov’t
- Cop in CAL row says did know how to switch off phone
- Spain’s Princess Cristina to stand trial on tax fraud charges
- Heroes, villains and victories – the women who shaped 2014
- Northampton’s Dylan Hartley to face RFU disciplinary hearing on Tuesday
- Milan open negotiations with Atlético Madrid over Fernando Torres return
- Goodwood gets huge prize money boost under 10-year Qatar sponsorship
- Stoke City v Chelsea: Premier League – live!
Who Are "we"?
Hello West Indian New Yorkers and West Indians around the world. Welcome to WeDePeople.com.
This site is dedicated to your interests. This is where you'll get news and entertainment info written from your point of view.
Our mission is to bring together migrants from the islands of the West Indies, for discussion, interaction, and engagement.
We want to create a vibrant online community, where you can feel free to speak your mind, and ask questions, and get answers... a community where our voices can be heard. Let us hear your voice.
Our content is crafted and curated by a team of experienced reporters, writers, photographers, and other professionals who live and work in NYC, and others who can relate to the immigrnant experience.
This is a journalism startup, and will be a work in progress for some time. We cannot get it done without your input. Tell us what stories you would like to see here, let us know of events going on in your community, and be an active user. Sign up for email alerts and we'll keep you up to date on our progress.
Check in with us often because we add new features constantly. Follow us on Twitter @WeDePeopleTweet. Login and connect with Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WeDePeople and tell your friends about our common goal of building an online community that is about us, for us, and by us... We De People.
The team at wedepeople.com
PS: Feel free to leave your generous words of support, encouragement, pledges of generous donations, etc. :-)