- Hopes high for Jamaican schools at Penn Relays
- Arnett Gardens depart for Haiti to hunt CONCACAF Champions League berth
- Inner-City seek second straight win in St James D2 football
- Caribbean Choice, ATL Automotive Limited team up to boost Jamaica Oaks Race Day
- J’can trio for junior Caribbean boxing tourney in Guyana
- Ben Stokes ‘devastated’ to miss rest of England’s Test summer
- Hull FC’s Scott Taylor faces Wigan with eyes on another Challenge Cup title
- FC Astana accuse Celtic’s Leigh Griffiths of punching defender Igor Shitov
- Borussia Dortmund v Manchester City: International Champions Cup – live!
- Dale Copley leads Sydney Roosters past his former club Brisbane Broncos
- Europa League: Maribor aim to extend Scottish winning streak against Aberdeen
- One Direction's Niall Horan tees off at NI Open
- Ireland's Niall O'Brien and Craig Young return for Pakistan series
- Women lead way with franchise cricket as Super League launches
- Super League: Six of the top female stars to watch out for
Who Are "we"?
Hello West Indian New Yorkers and West Indians around the world. Welcome to WeDePeople.com.
This site is dedicated to your interests. This is where you'll get news and entertainment info written from your point of view.
Our mission is to bring together migrants from the islands of the West Indies, for discussion, interaction, and engagement.
We want to create a vibrant online community, where you can feel free to speak your mind, and ask questions, and get answers... a community where our voices can be heard. Let us hear your voice.
Our content is crafted and curated by a team of experienced reporters, writers, photographers, and other professionals who live and work in NYC, and others who can relate to the immigrnant experience.
This is a journalism startup, and will be a work in progress for some time. We cannot get it done without your input. Tell us what stories you would like to see here, let us know of events going on in your community, and be an active user. Sign up for email alerts and we'll keep you up to date on our progress.
Check in with us often because we add new features constantly. Follow us on Twitter @WeDePeopleTweet. Login and connect with Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WeDePeople and tell your friends about our common goal of building an online community that is about us, for us, and by us... We De People.
The team at wedepeople.com
PS: Feel free to leave your generous words of support, encouragement, pledges of generous donations, etc. :-)