- Lehmann shrugs off Michael Clarke's criticism of Steve Smith's captaincy
- Mother who put son in blackface costume needs education, says Nic Naitanui
- Rio police charge Ryan Lochte with filing a false robbery report
- Philadelphia Phillies trade longtime catcher Carlos Ruiz to Dodgers
- England’s winter tour to Bangladesh to go ahead after security clearance
- The Barclays: Scotland's Martin Laird shares first-round lead with Patrick Reed
- Get Inspired: Meet two women who decided to try every Olympic sport
- Brazil court summons US swimmer Lochte to hearing
- GB's Doyle, Grabarz & Ugen shine in Lausanne
- England's tour of Bangladesh to go ahead despite security concerns
Who Are "we"?
Hello West Indian New Yorkers and West Indians around the world. Welcome to WeDePeople.com.
This site is dedicated to your interests. This is where you'll get news and entertainment info written from your point of view.
Our mission is to bring together migrants from the islands of the West Indies, for discussion, interaction, and engagement.
We want to create a vibrant online community, where you can feel free to speak your mind, and ask questions, and get answers... a community where our voices can be heard. Let us hear your voice.
Our content is crafted and curated by a team of experienced reporters, writers, photographers, and other professionals who live and work in NYC, and others who can relate to the immigrnant experience.
This is a journalism startup, and will be a work in progress for some time. We cannot get it done without your input. Tell us what stories you would like to see here, let us know of events going on in your community, and be an active user. Sign up for email alerts and we'll keep you up to date on our progress.
Check in with us often because we add new features constantly. Follow us on Twitter @WeDePeopleTweet. Login and connect with Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WeDePeople and tell your friends about our common goal of building an online community that is about us, for us, and by us... We De People.
The team at wedepeople.com
PS: Feel free to leave your generous words of support, encouragement, pledges of generous donations, etc. :-)