- Vatican says Cuban president to visit Pope Francis this week
- UNICEF official says nearly half of Haitian children under 5 suffer from malnutrition
- US jury deciding case of J’can charged in lottery scam
- No bad blood between JMDA president and Harvey
- White House says 'too early' to link IS to Texas attack
- World Champs is where it matters, says Bolt
- Canadian cops with J'can roots bask in World Relays victories
- 'Mixers' dedicate St Catherine LIME Futsal crown to troubled Central Village community
- Reno escape drop with 2-0 win over MBU
- Special Olympics team gets training from Chelsea coaches in Digicel Kickstart initiative
- California assembly passes bill to ban 'Redskins' as high school team name
- Bayern manager Pep Guardiola knows he can’t stop unstoppable Leo Messi | Sid Lowe
- Injury-cursed Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has hip surgery
- Clint McKay restores Leicestershire’s strong position over Kent
- Joe Launchbury ‘itching to play’ for Wasps v Leicester after six months out
Who Are "we"?
Hello West Indian New Yorkers and West Indians around the world. Welcome to WeDePeople.com.
This site is dedicated to your interests. This is where you'll get news and entertainment info written from your point of view.
Our mission is to bring together migrants from the islands of the West Indies, for discussion, interaction, and engagement.
We want to create a vibrant online community, where you can feel free to speak your mind, and ask questions, and get answers... a community where our voices can be heard. Let us hear your voice.
Our content is crafted and curated by a team of experienced reporters, writers, photographers, and other professionals who live and work in NYC, and others who can relate to the immigrnant experience.
This is a journalism startup, and will be a work in progress for some time. We cannot get it done without your input. Tell us what stories you would like to see here, let us know of events going on in your community, and be an active user. Sign up for email alerts and we'll keep you up to date on our progress.
Check in with us often because we add new features constantly. Follow us on Twitter @WeDePeopleTweet. Login and connect with Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WeDePeople and tell your friends about our common goal of building an online community that is about us, for us, and by us... We De People.
The team at wedepeople.com
PS: Feel free to leave your generous words of support, encouragement, pledges of generous donations, etc. :-)