- Boxing rule change: Blood and bumps at Commonwealth Games
- Rule change: Blood and bumps at Commonwealth Games
- Commonwealth Games: Jamaican female cyclist bow out of 3,000m pursuit
- Sprint king Bolt arrives in Glasgow for Commonwealth Games on Saturday
- Sprint king Bolt arrives in Glasgow for Commonwealth Games on Friday
- John Gosden defends racing reputation after morphine case coverage
- Dejan Lovren set for Liverpool medical on Saturday ahead of £20m move
- Alastair Cooks problem is a lack of support from senior England players | Mike Selvey
- Englands Joanna Rowsell claims Commonwealth gold in 3,000 metres individual pursuit
- Nick Matthew enjoys birthday with squash win over Alan Clyne
Aintree 1.30 Dell' Arca 2.05 Hinterland 2.50 At Fishers Cross 3.25 Saint Are 4.15 Big Shu (nap) 5.10 Katgary (nb) 5.45 Bringithomeminty
Chepstow 1.20 May Be Some Time 1.55 Bodega 2.30 O'Callaghan Strand 3.05 Milor De La Borie 3.45 Ohio Gold 4.50 Reverb 5.25 Thomas Wild 5.55 Sidbury HillContinue reading...
Stamina is all in the new Grand National, the importance of jumping ability having been dramatically reduced when the stuffing was taken out of the famous green fences before last year's race. Horses with proven ability to stay four miles came to the fore that day and may do so again on Saturday, in which case the Irish raider Big Shu (4.15) should be a danger to all at generous odds of 22-1.
This nine-year-old just keeps on keeping on. Few horses could shoulder 12st 3lb through the mud at Punchestown to win a four-mile race, as he did last spring, and he has shown a similar relentless quality in two appearances at the Cheltenham Festival.Continue reading...
Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton laud 'cool' circuit
It was not protesters' bombs or firecrackers that illuminated the Bahrain International Circuit on Friday night but an eye-dazzling array of floodlights that promise to make Sunday's grand prix one of the most spectacular on the Formula One agenda.
"Oh my God it's bright," Jenson Button said after practising under the coruscating illumination of 5,000 lightbulbs. "It's going to be pretty cool. You're going to enjoy it." Cool in more ways than one, for the lower temperature will be kinder to drivers and tyres alike.Continue reading...