- Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou retracts criticism of FFA over pay row
- Future of Essendon's Courtenay Dempsey unclear after four-game ban
- Michael Clarke on indefinite leave from cricket after pulling out of Big Bash deal
- Lleyton Hewitt through but cramps stop Thanasi Kokkinakis at US Open
- 1992 and all that: the Premier League’s wait for a title-winning English manager
To Grenada With Love
From the Banff Crag & Canyon: A generous gesture from Grenada native Jean Roberts rallies her Canadian community of Banff, Alberta around a worthy cause that helps Grenadian kids start their day on the right foot.
When Jean Roberts was an elementary student at Grand Anse R.C. School in Grenada, she didn't own any shoes. Instead, she would run and play sports barefoot. Roberts went back to visit Grenada in 2007, and while there, she witnessed something she thought she would never see. "The school children were doing a road race, and they were just in their bare feet," Roberts said. "I was shocked, they are still running barefoot in 2007. I was really, amazingly shocked that it was still the same situation." It was then that Roberts knew she had to help, so upon returning to Banff, where she has lived since 1998, she started a used shoe drive to send to the students of Grand Anse R.C., and she has done so every year since.