- Super Rugby final: Waratahs have what it takes to crush paper tiger Crusaders
- Glasgow 2014: Victoria Vincent, 13, finishes 10th but makes a splash
- Sally Pearson rebounds from coach's attack to qualify for hurdles final
- Commonwealth Games 2014: athletics action from day eight - in pictures
- AFL: what to look out for in round 19
To Grenada With Love
From the Banff Crag & Canyon: A generous gesture from Grenada native Jean Roberts rallies her Canadian community of Banff, Alberta around a worthy cause that helps Grenadian kids start their day on the right foot.
When Jean Roberts was an elementary student at Grand Anse R.C. School in Grenada, she didn't own any shoes. Instead, she would run and play sports barefoot. Roberts went back to visit Grenada in 2007, and while there, she witnessed something she thought she would never see. "The school children were doing a road race, and they were just in their bare feet," Roberts said. "I was shocked, they are still running barefoot in 2007. I was really, amazingly shocked that it was still the same situation." It was then that Roberts knew she had to help, so upon returning to Banff, where she has lived since 1998, she started a used shoe drive to send to the students of Grand Anse R.C., and she has done so every year since.