- Hopes high for Jamaican schools at Penn Relays
- Arnett Gardens depart for Haiti to hunt CONCACAF Champions League berth
- Inner-City seek second straight win in St James D2 football
- Caribbean Choice, ATL Automotive Limited team up to boost Jamaica Oaks Race Day
- J’can trio for junior Caribbean boxing tourney in Guyana
- Football transfer rumours: Robin van Persie to Stoke City or Rangers?
- Jarryd Hayne won't play Super Rugby next year, says ARU chief Bill Pulver
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs $12m deal to end Jets stalemate, say reports
- Australia ends Olympic village spat with gift of toy kangaroo for Rio mayor
- Jürgen Klopp sent Mamadou Sakho home for a ‘lack of respect’
To Grenada With Love
From the Banff Crag & Canyon: A generous gesture from Grenada native Jean Roberts rallies her Canadian community of Banff, Alberta around a worthy cause that helps Grenadian kids start their day on the right foot.
When Jean Roberts was an elementary student at Grand Anse R.C. School in Grenada, she didn't own any shoes. Instead, she would run and play sports barefoot. Roberts went back to visit Grenada in 2007, and while there, she witnessed something she thought she would never see. "The school children were doing a road race, and they were just in their bare feet," Roberts said. "I was shocked, they are still running barefoot in 2007. I was really, amazingly shocked that it was still the same situation." It was then that Roberts knew she had to help, so upon returning to Banff, where she has lived since 1998, she started a used shoe drive to send to the students of Grand Anse R.C., and she has done so every year since.